Sorting by


Clark County Washington Department of Community Services

Assistance is available from the Clark County Department of Community Services. While the non-profit can offer a number of services to the low income and less fortunate, a focus is on housing needs. So programs like LIHEAP heating bill assistance, weatherization, home repairs, shelter, and transitional housing may be available in Clark County Washington.

The main energy bill programs are noted below. Most of these rely on federal funds and are limited in scope. They will also generally help people on a first come and served basis.

Weatherization is free to low income households that qualify. The number is 360-397-2375. The community action agency works to make homes more energy efficient. The improvements made will help residents save money, it will ensure the health and safety of people served, and install free energy saving updates to homes. The Weatherization Assistance Program provides various services to increase the number of working poor Clark County Washington households receiving cost effective improvements. Call the Clark County Department of Community Development at 360-397-2375 for details.

LIHEAP, or the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance, is administered in partnership with the Clark Public Utilities. The Department of Community Services Housing Preservation Program works to process applications for LIHEAP with CPU. It will offer low income families, seniors, and disabled grants for paying energy and utility bill assistance. Customers that have natural gas, oil, propane or another heating source should also be sure to call their heating vendor to make payment arrangements until they can get an Energy Assistance appointment. Funding and grants are limited. (360) 992-3000.

Housing Rehabilitation of Clark County provides financial assistance and short term loans for home repairs. The aid is for low and moderate-income homeowners and the disabled. It can help improve single family residences who live in the Woodland city limits and Clark County.

Emergency Home Repair, Accessibility Program is for owners and even tenants in the area, including Vancouver Washington. Applicants need to be disabled or have physical challenges. They need to have their homes modified for easier accessibility. The community action agency can help with updates such as bathtub, ramps, roll-in shower, doorways, door handles, grab bars and raised toilets.




A similar option is the Emergency Home Repair Program. This is for owners that live in Clark County that have emergency safety and health repairs that are needed to their home. Some of these emergency projects may include limited plumbing, structural, mechanical and electrical repairs with obvious signs of deterioration and improvements needed. As funding allows, a maximum of $5,000 is available for repairs to qualified homeowners through a deferred payment loan with a 0% interest rate.

Much more extensive is the Full Home Rehabilitation service. This may offers tens of thousands of dollars in loans. After the updates and rehabilitation of the residents is completed, the home must meet minimum housing quality standards. Applicants need to meet approved low income standards and limits.

Information on housing and rental assistance is available from the Housing Solutions Center. Call 360-695-9677. The programs available to qualified individuals may include short term shelter, temporary rental or security deposit assistance to help people or qualified individuals get back into low income housing, and other supportive services, such as case management.

The funds and grants from the program were created to provide case management to homeless individuals and to also help support the operations of existing emergency shelters. What is available from the homeless prevention can be short-term subsidies to pay rent or mortgage. The Department of Community Services can provide referrals and information and who to contact to apply.




Assistance is available across the entire county. For more information or to apply, call the Clark County Department of Community Services. The main office is at 1601 E. 4th Plain Blvd., Bg 17, Suite C214, Vancouver, Washington 98668-5000. Call 1-877-211-9274 for referrals.