Clark County, Kentucky Facts
Clark County, KY Vital Records
Where can find Clark County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Clark County vital records can be found at the Kentucky Department of Health (VDH) Office of Vital Records which has copies for of birth & death certificates (1911 – present), marriage licenses & divorce decrees (since June 1958). There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Kentucky for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Clark County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or you can download an application for Birth Certificate, Marriage / Divorce Certificate or Death Certificates to mail.
The Kentucky Department for Libraries and Archives contains birth and death records for the cities of Louisville, Lexington, Covington and Newport, which introduced records laws before 1911. The Archives also offers birth and death records before to 1911 and 1911-1957 death records for the entire state.
- U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007
- Social Security Death Index
- Clark County, Kentucky Marriage Project
- Kentucky Vital Records Index – The vital records index data was obtained from the Kentucky Office of Vital Statistics in 1994 for a research project.
- Kentucky Social Security Death Index
- Kentucky Vital Records Project
- Kentucky, Births and Christenings, 1839-1960
- Kentucky Birth Records, 1852-1910
- Kentucky Birth Index, 1911-1999
- Kentucky Marriages, 1785-1979
- Kentucky, County Marriages, 1797-1954
- Kentucky Marriage Index, 1973-1999
- Kentucky Marriage Records, 1852-1914
- Kentucky Marriages, 1851-1900
- Kentucky Marriages, 1802-1850
- Northern Kentucky Marriages, 1795-1850
- Kentucky Marriage Records
- Kentucky Marriages, 1797-1865
- Kentucky, Death Records, 1911-1955
- Kentucky Death Records, 1852-1953
- Kentucky Death Index, 1911-2000
- Kentucky Obituaries, 1787-1854
- Kentucky Deaths and Burials, 1843-1970
Clark County, KY Census Records
What Clark County, KY census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Clark County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1790-1890, 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Clark Co. Slave Schedules can be obtained for 1850 & 1860. Clark Co. Mortality Schedules can be acquired for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Clark Co. Industry and Agriculture Schedules can be acquired for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Clark Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be obtained for 1890. One can find free down loadable and also printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Kentucky Census Records Research Guide
Clark County, KY Courthouse and Government Records
Clark County Courthouse
What genealogical records can I find in the Clark County Courthouse?
Researchers frequently overlook the great importance of Clark County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy information. Buried away in Kentucky courthouses and archives everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of countless Kentucky residents.
The possibilities are excellent that your forefathers have left a comprehensive document of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Clark County court records. Even if your forebears is not referred to in a Court case, contemplate all of the other procedures that could have lead to him or her to appear in court records. See Also Kentucky Corthouse Records Research Guide.
- Clark County Clerk
- Address: 34 S. Main St., Winchester, KY, 40392
- Phone: (859) 745-0280
- Marriage Records: 1793
- Land Records: 1793
- Probate Records: 1793
- Clark County Clerk of the Circuit Court
- Address: Governor James Clark Judicial Center, 17 Cleveland Ave., P.O. Box 687, Winchester, KY 40392-0687
- Phone: (859) 737-7264
- Court Records: 1793
- Kentucky, Wills and Probate Records, 1774-1989
- Clark County Elected Officials (ky.gov)
- Clark County, Kentucky Wills 1792-1826, Vol. 1-2
- Third census of the United States (1810 census), Clark County, Kentucky
- Will/Probate Record Request Form
- BLM Land Records
- Clark County USGenWeb Archives Project
Clark County, KY Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Clark County, KY?
A list of Clark County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Kentucky Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Kentucky Department for Libraries & Archives, 300 Coffee Tree Road, Frankfort, Kentucky 40601; (502) 564-8300;
- University of Kentucky Libraries, William T. Young Library, Lexington, KY 40506-0456
- The Kentucky Historical Society, 100 W. Broadway, Frankfort, KY 40601; 877-444-7867
- The Kentucky Genealogical Society, PO Box 153, Frankfort, KY 40602-0153
- Clark County Historical Society, 122 Belmont Avenue, Winchester, KY 40391
Where can I connect with other Clark County, KY Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Kentucky Genealogy Network Community (plus.google.com)
- Kentucky State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Clark County, Kentucky Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com) read and post messages about your ancestors in Clark County
- Clark County, Kentucky Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
- KYCLARK. A mailing list for anyone with a genealogical interest in Clark County, Kentucky. To subscribe send “subscribe” to email@example.com (mail mode) or firstname.lastname@example.org (digest mode).
- CENTRAL-KY. A mailing list for anyone with a genealogical interest in Central Kentucky including Boyle, Bullitt, Casey, Clark, Estill, Garrard, Hardin, Jackson, Jessamine, LaRue, Lincoln, Marion, Nelson, Russell, Taylor, and Powell Counties. The list also covers any central Kentucky area if the county is unknown. To subscribe send “subscribe” to email@example.com (mail mode) or firstname.lastname@example.org (digest mode).
- KENTUCKIANA. A mailing list for genealogy research and information exchange in the Indiana counties of Clark, Crawford, Dubois, Floyd, Gibson, Harrison, Orange, Perry, Pike, Posey, Scott, Spencer, Warrick and Washington, and the Kentucky counties of Breckinridge, Bullitt, Carroll, Hardin, Jefferson, Meade, Nelson, Oldham, Shelby, Spencer and Trimble. This is a highly research structured list, chatroom atmosphere is discouraged. To subscribe send “subscribe” to email@example.com (mail mode) or firstname.lastname@example.org (digest mode).
- southeasternkentuckyroots. A mailing list for anyone with a genealogical interest in Perry County, Kentucky, cemeteries and southeastern Kentucky genealogy (e.g., Perry, Knott, Clay, and Clark Counties). You can subscribe from http://groups.yahoo.com/group/southeasternkentuckyroots/ or by sending the following to southeasternkentuckyroots-subscribe@yahoogroup s.com: subscribe
What other genealogical resources are available in Clark County, KY?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Clark County. These genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Professional Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a payment. This is basically a collection that has been gathered or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site over another.